Sorted at last!

Pete
This post is 7181 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The TT-R's finally done!

Turns out the persistent oil weep was coming from the redundant decompressor bolt on the top of the casing.

No sweat though....cos for them to find it, I ended up with all the top gaskets and oil seals replaced. And I had them to adjust the valves while they were at it.

The new air filter is in and it's running a hell of a lot better now, as the old one was disintegrating and split.

It's got a new MOT, new NGK, the handguards are on, it's got Silkolene inside, and now it's running like a little watch.

Let's Rock! B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Castrol was the oil of choice....but times change Alan! Silkolene is the only one for me.

Put some in on the next oil change, and your bike will feel smoother for it. Very good for notchy boxes like on Yams and Hondas too.

I was thinkin' of trying some Silkolene in the XT when I get it this weekend....especially since holds only a couple of Quarts. :D

• Admin

To be honest ive always changed my oil before the book intervals, and always using branded oils and have never been able to tell the differnce on my bike :unsure:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online