dtre 125 throttle cable

richie rich
This post is 4665 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello ive noticed that my throttle cable sticks at low reving and clears if you bleep it it has a band new cable on it <

ive heard that you have to have a yamaha cable because all the others just stick i must admit it was fine intil this was fitted can anyway help and if i need a yamaha cable does anyone know where i can get one from many thanks Rich

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds like spring in carb not seated properly,,, oil cable also.. ,. it should be ok ,even pattern part,,

Might not lettuce celery be needing a new cable, could be the new cable you have now may be trapped by the tank, and may need re-routing, I've noticed with mine, since i put the tank back on, it's gone stiffer on the throttle. just a taut :eusa_think:

From experience over the years I have found that routing the cable is the main problem when fitting new or old cables. Allways check the route of the old one first before removal.

Why people buy simple cables is beyond me though, making your own up is simple and a darned sight cheaper and its not rocket science is it ?

Take the cable off completely and pump oil in from one end until it comes out of the other. Also make sure it is routed properly as stated before. I have a second hand Cable you can buy if you do find you cant fix it but i'm sure you'll be able to sort it without the need.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online