Dt 175mx advice

Geoclinton
This post is 4608 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

Can anyone advise me on swapping a 175mx head down to a 125 head? How much power loss, is it difficult? and will it struggle on a 175 body?

Cheers

Geo

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well " the stud holes should line up , but the Squish area is much smaller, whitch will up the compression ratio, ,, so in theory should be more power, or a stressed bottom end,,,? trial & error ,,,

Not possible, 125 has 4 studs/holes 175 has 6.

If you mean the whole barrel, piston etc then apart from a re jet all will be good (and a tweak to the oil pump), not much of a power difference (in my experience) but you will have to really rev the bastard to get the best of it as a 125.

Sounds pretty good to me.chaps. After its on the road I will go ahead with this if I can find someone local .I like the overall chunkier look to the bike. Am I right on thinking the 125's are slightly smaller?

Cheers

Geo

I got confused by photos of 2 together but with the 175 slightly higher at the back and front looks like its been jacked up making it appear a lot chunkier

Thanks

Geo

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online