Bike stalling and will no longer start on first kick

TZR125chick
This post is 4683 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I've got a Yamaha TZR 125. I brought this recently and have had nothing but problems. But I've also only had problems after it's been to the garage to be looked at.

The new problem is that you ride it for a couple of miles then it stalls. Then it doesn't want to start again with the kick start. ( although before it whent in the garage it started on a first kick, everytime). I was wondering if anyone could point me In the right direction. Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Presumably it starts eventually? And when it's running it's fine? First guess would be an airlock in the tank.

When it dies, try opening the fuel tank, if you get a 'Whoosh!' of air going in, then you need to find the vent hole and unblock it. Even if you don't get a 'Whoosh!' it's worth opening the cap and restarting, just to check - try running with the cap slightly loose and see if it drops dead (obviously not with a brim-full tank!).

Dunno where the vent is on these bikes, some have a small hole in the cap, some have an overflow that does double duty, have a look around the filler neck, should be pretty obvious. If it's had the tank off at the garage, maybe they've trapped the vent hose when they put it back on?

HTH

:thumb: