Wiseco 1040cc kit for FZR1000 into YZF750?

llordlloyd
This post is 4684 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Not wanting to pay the $2000+ dollars that it will cost me for Yamaha parts to rebuild my smokey YZF750, I want to use the Wiseco 1040cc big bore kit. Wiseco used to list a kit for the YZF750 but not any more.

My question is this: is the FZR1000/Thunderace piston kit compatible with the YZF? I am suspicious that there might be some pitfall (inadequate oil pump capacity perhaps), since Wiseco would surely just add 'YZF750' to the list of bikes the kit can be used on.

Alternatively, are there any US Yamaha dealers willing to post to Australia?

Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all,

Not wanting to pay the $2000+ dollars that it will cost me for Yamaha parts to rebuild my smokey YZF750, I want to use the Wiseco 1040cc big bore kit. Wiseco used to list a kit for the YZF750 but not any more.

My question is this: is the FZR1000/Thunderace piston kit compatible with the YZF? I am suspicious that there might be some pitfall (inadequate oil pump capacity perhaps), since Wiseco would surely just add 'YZF750' to the list of bikes the kit can be used on.

Alternatively, are there any US Yamaha dealers willing to post to Australia?

Thanks!

i reckon that you may have problems with your base gasket, i'm sure on one of the dedicated exup-family forums out there a post about this before. A better bet would be to buy a decent 1002cc FZR or thunderace engine and fit that (i appreciate that may be hard in Oz). Have a google around for exup brotherhood and you may find the post that i saw.

Thanks mate I'll keep looking. I have an 'ace top end (sold as in good condition but actually looks fairly knackered, I'm in a remote area), so I'm thinking I can perhaps rebore and use the 'ace barrels though I might have to shorten them to get the stroke/compression right.

I'll continue trawling the exup sites, thanks for the reply.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online