engine cut-outs between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears under 60 degrees C

BruMic
This post is 4684 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

I'm relatively new to biking - obtained my Direct Access July 2010 and have already completed 9032 miles since to date. The bike has got her regular stamps in the book from the garage.

My XJ6 F abs has already had it's computer unit changed a few months' ago due to the same problem now reoccurring. She cuts out between 1st and 2nd, or 2nd and 3rd, only below 60 degrees C. This puts me in a dangerous predicament particularly when moving away at junctions.

Anyone had a similar experience? Let me know a fix!

Cheers,

Mic.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys,

I'm relatively new to biking - obtained my Direct Access July 2010 and have already completed 9032 miles since to date. The bike has got her regular stamps in the book from the garage.

My XJ6 F abs has already had it's computer unit changed a few months' ago due to the same problem now reoccurring. She cuts out between 1st and 2nd, or 2nd and 3rd, only below 60 degrees C. This puts me in a dangerous predicament particularly when moving away at junctions.

Anyone had a similar experience? Let me know a fix!

Cheers,

Mic.

if it is in warranty, get it back to the supplying dealer. As the ECU has been replaced to no avail, then one or more of the sensors (or the associated wiring) is likely at fault. There are two sensors that fall under suspicion the coolant temperature sensor and air-temperature sensor. I reckon it is your air sensor - maybe it is not connected properly?