some advice on a fairing change?

robin.thatcher
This post is 7185 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey guys, i am new hear,

thought you guys might be able to help

i ahve a 1986 yamaha fzr 400 1wg

and basically because of its age i am seeking new fairings for it,

now these are hard to come by, so i heard from someone that it may be possible to change the look of my bike and add another bikes fairings on, has anyone had any experience of this at all? and if so any advice? i heard from someone saying they had done it with an r6 but haven't heard much since then so thought someone ehere might be able to help

anyway nice to meet you all!

thanks for any help!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: to the Forum RT!

I've always liked those FZR400's. B)

Another possibility might be getting some FZR600 bodywork to fit?......the mounting points might be a bit closer to what you have on your 400. ;)

Hi Robin ( or robbing !) or rubbing ? :D

This might be a long shot but have you tried your local Yamaha dealer !

I know this sounds odd but "sometimes" they can come up trumps.

Eg, i wanted a top fairing for a 1000 exup (brother in laws) I must have spent the best part of 4 hours trying the internered -ebay/ breakers yards/etc, and i then phoned my local dealer the same day for a set of pads and asked them if they new of anyone else i could try.

1 minute later the top fairing in the correct colour (black with orange graphics) is placed infront of me.

How much ????? £86. 00 to you sir ////

:yay:

MRP was £420 :angry:

Most helpfull dealers will do the "leg" work for you, so if they havnt got it they may know a man who does.

I really DO NOT reccomend trying to get panels etc from one model to go on another, leave this a a LAST option

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online