Restricter Kit

Mallory1
This post is 4675 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just picked up my 99 Fazer FZS this eveing - all I now need to arrange is getting the restricter kit fitted (damn those politicians :madflame: )

Any suggestions on where I might get one at a reasonable price that doesnt require me having to sell a body part ? Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You might find one on ebay? otherwise they have to be ordered through your dealer... I think you'll end up paying around £250 for one fitted

Thanks for the replies - I've since ordered one via my dealer from Fi International (as per your link PeterC) - 170 scoobies - there goes that kidney :shakeno:

A good tip Mallory is to ask/get the dealer to fit it as part of the sale of the bike. Most will not want to loose a sale for £170 and they chuck the labour in free. I got mine free this way.

I realise this is too late for you now.

Thanks PeterC. You live and learn I guess. That said, I'm getting the new bike serviced and the garage are going to waive the fitting cost of the kit while doing the service.

Get them to agree to remove it for you for free at a future service as well when your restriction is up. (I got that on mine...). Happy riding :)

Get them to agree to remove it for you for free at a future service as well when your restriction is up. (I got that on mine...). Happy riding :)

Good advice ..... will do

Got the bike back today - restricter fitted - now if I'd ever ridden the bike prior to this (which of course I didn't, as that would be illegal officer) I'd be trying not to get too depressed right now at the distinct lack of acceleration compared to before :( A top speed of 80-90 doesn't fuss me too much to be honest but it's gone from a bike that just feels like it wants to scream away at the lights to one that accelerates like my granny on her motability scooter on a good day .... with the wind behind her ...... and an empty catheter bag ....... with her dentures out

You'll soon get used to it and just think how great it will seem when you're restriction comes off (it does pass quickly)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online