Yamaha Aerox 50cc can it do any more

dkleese
This post is 4566 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

Ok, looking for some advice from the guys or gals in the know.

At the moment my Aerox is as I brought it. It will do 50mph on the flat straight, 55mph down a big enough hill but it struggles doing 30mph on hills.

I was told that a performance exhaust will improve the 0-50 but I am unsure if it will give anymore.

It will do 0-30 failry quick but takes some to build up to 50mph.

So am I wasting my money on a performance exhuast?

Thanks for any feedback

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

leo vince TT or ZX exhausts are good value. you may need to rejet +10% and change roller weights to match the slightly better performance. TBH 50 mph on a 50 is still impressive!

Also check behind the variator, fo see if the restrictor washer is there or not, and with most aftermarket performance exhausts, they come with a set of rollers to match the performance boost of the exhaust, sometime the exhausts come with a restrictor washer tacked/welded, in the inlet, that you have to take out.

Adjustable racing clutch, with ugraded springs, plus primary and secondary gearing can also be upgraded too.

• 2 months later...

leo vince TT or ZX exhausts are good value. you may need to rejet +10% and change roller weights to match the slightly better performance. TBH 50 mph on a 50 is still impressive!

i have the leo vince tt exhaust on my aerox and i would recomend it, its a cheap enough pipe and for the performance its a bargin. you will deffinately feel the increase in performance, othe things like, bigger jets, rollers, reeds, clutch springs, air filters are all fairly cheap that will increase your top end and acceleration, check out they have everything!!

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online