XJ600 rear wheel

Rotaxmax45
This post is 4764 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have recently just bought my first xj600. its a 1995 model and basically i,m looking to change the rear wheel and thinking about putting a fatter wheel on my bike as mines a street fighter and basically the rear wheel lets it down.

Is the any wheel from another bike that would fit the rear of my bike without having to modifiy or casue to much problem on the rear???

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Without a lot of trial and error this isn't straight forward.

Easiest route is to put slightly fatter rubber on (20mm max) and of not such a low profile tyre if possible. However this probably will affect your handling and you need to measure the distance between your existing tyre and chain to make sure there's room for something bigger.

130/70-18 is standard I think so a 140/70 could work and a 150/70 might. Ask a tyre fitter if in doubt.

Do be aware that your rims weren't designed to take these larger sizes though so you may get problems. If you do this you need to tell your insurance so you don't get caught out.

Good luck.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online