Yamaha Rd350 ypvs revving too high.

AndyDtr08
This post is 4768 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok so The RD is great...but....

After going out for a fairly long ride, towards the end i noticed that when i was changing gear the revs wernt dying off quick enough when i pulled the clutch in and she was revving at around 5krpm. I first thought, air leak but a hell of a lot of WD40 spraying i got nothing. I oiled the top half of the throttle cable, which didnt help. I've taken the slides out and put some oil back up the cable from that end towards the junction box and also sprayed some WD down the slides to see if they were sticking. It worked. I went out on a test ride. At low speeds with the throttle openeing marginly and changing position alot it was fine. I took it along the duals and had the throttle open and staying in one position for a while and when i got to the other end, the symptoms had returned. Back at low speeds with lots of throttle changing, it got better again, then along the duals again and it returns.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Check your fuel feed and float height, sounds like fuel starvation to me more than the cables.

But would that account for the fact that it changes? e.g. after the duals? I just started it from cold and it was doing it then too. But if i spray WD down the slides it will temp fix it.

Odd? are the carb tops sealing ok? can you see any high spots on the slide(s) it may only be one thats causing the issue. Have you set and balanced them at all?

slides in the right way round?, I read that the aircooled ones have to have them a certain way!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online