Transmission Oil amount for 1968 YR2?

redbug2
This post is 4690 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I have a friend that purchased a 68 YR2. He is changing the oil and is unsure on the amount of oil needed in the crankcase.

Also, I see on a parts diagram that there was a dipstick available for the bike. Does anyone have the dimensions of the dipstick? Or, can anyone photograph the dipstick next to a ruler?

Thanks In advance!

Regards,

Redbug2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I know on later bikes the oil capacity is cast into the case, I think on my DT175MX it is 650cc (off memory)

might be worth checking for this on your bike.

keep ane eye on ebay, i found this but unfortunately too late. search for 168-15361*

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110723683132&viewitem=

In the Yamaha Two Stroke Twins book I have it lists in the back for the YR2 as gearbox oil qty as 1.2 Litres but doesn't say if this is for a bone dry case or not. As og has said have a look near the oil filler as you may find the amount on the case.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online