dtr 125

jonnyk89
This post is 7182 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have a dtr 125, when i first got it i had it running for about 1 hour, but it kept cutting out so i changed the spark plug and everything was fine, but oil started to leak out of the hole were your spark plug is, then it started cutting out agen, so i cleaned the spark plug and put it back in and it stared but cut out agen, i dont no what to do, any help please?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Could be that your oil pump needs to be adjusted......sounds like it's running a bit rich :headscratch: ........that's assuming of course, that you're NOT running pre-mix. ;)

BTW..... :welcome: to the Forum

Sounds more like a loss of compression due to a faulty plug thread.

Oil shouldn't leak out of that hole.

Take a good look at the thread that the plug screws into. Maybe a previous owner has over tightened the plug at some point and stripped the thread.

hi i have a yamaha dtr 125 2003 model, i had my bike running and it bogged out and a buzzing sound was coming from the rear mud guard, ther is a little white box there, it has no spark at all now therfore i cannot get it started, can any 1help me please????? thanks lewis

hi i have a yamaha dtr 125 2003 model, i had my bike running and it bogged out and a buzzing sound was coming from the rear mud guard, ther is a little white box there, it has no spark at all now therfore i cannot get it started, can any 1help me please????? thanks lewis

Double check the main fuse. That box is part of the stop circuit and relies on a good 12v supply to energise the solinoid inside it. The bike should still run without the battery though so you may have to look else where.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online