Just got 1989 TZR125 but has slight problem

TZR125chick
This post is 4696 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey girls and guys. I took delivery of my TZR125 yesterday and am very pleased with it. The bloke I brought it from said it was all ok and would pass MOT with no probs.

The only problem we can see is that when your releasing the clutch to go the bike seems to want to die on us unless you put loads of revs in. It's also doing the same thing when turning. It seems to splutter, start losing the will to live and them you have not over rev it to get it going again. Any ideas as to why it is doing this? Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

what rpm oes it happen at?, is it stock?

Don't take this as an insult to your riding but 3-4000 rpm is not where the 125 motor wants to be. Nothing really happens till 6 grand. Be carefull obviously but try riding at 6000rpm instead, changing down if you need to.

What have you ridden before, a four stroke i'm guessing as they have a lot more low grunt but give it all away at higher rpm.

Hiya, thanks for that. I've never ridden anything before but my other half has ridden, 125s, 400s and 650s and he is the one that mentioned the problem with the bike. It's got an MOT on Tuesday so gonna see if they can take a look.

Which one is he riding now, if its the 650 the TZR will feel like the engine is dieing at low revs.

I would not be surprised ( and hope) to find very little wrong with the bike.

My TDR 250 needs more than 4k just to move off and slowing into a turn with less than 5k on the taco would be bad as the engine will bog horribly.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online