'93 FZR 1000 not firing...

DokTurd
This post is 4633 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all...

I'm a newbie here...apologies if I'm posting a question that's been asked and answered...didnt see one though...

I recently aquired a '93 FZR 1000, hadn't run in approx a year, had previously run. I drained carbs, drained gas tank, replaced fuel filter, replaced spark plugs, charged battery, tested fuel pump...fuel is getting to the carbs. Oil level is all good. Put fresh gas in the tank (with a little Sea Foam). Starter cranks over, real fast for that matter...but just won't fire the engine...not even a little sputter. Tried with air filter on and off, and with air intake on and off...no difference. Have also tried with choke in every position, and with reserve switch in both positions....

My first question is...is there something completely obvious that I'm just missing or not checking?

Second is...does this sound like a carb (fuel/air/spark) issue, or a possible faulty electrical issue?

Bike was fully exposed to the elements for at least the past year...in case that helps...

Many thanks in advance for any/all Help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.