service

kearnsy123
This post is 4695 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi i want to change the oil in my tdr 125

its 2003 model

ive bought 1ltr of putoline se 80w90heavy gearbox oil ... and

1ltr of putoline ttx 100% synthetic 2 stroke oil for injector and pre mix

both wer recomended in bikeworld store

1st are they right for the bike ??

2nd what oil goes were and how much do i use ?

id take it do a shop and get it serviced but really want to get to no the bike

and do the job myself

i also got sum halfords coolant 50/50 mix wud that do ?

any advice would b great

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

dont use the heavy transmission oil kearnsey, your clutch will drag and gear selection will be clunky...neutral selection will be nigh on impossible i would expect. use any motorcycle specific oil for the transmission, personally i use motul transoil but there are many more...have a look at the opie oils site, they are doing an offer at the moment arent they? isnt there a post up about it?

dont use the heavy transmission oil kearnsey, your clutch will drag and gear selection will be clunky...neutral selection will be nigh on impossible i would expect. use any motorcycle specific oil for the transmission, personally i use motul transoil but there are many more...have a look at the opie oils site, they are doing an offer at the moment arent they? isnt there a post up about it?

thanks for the advice mate am i right in saying gearbox oil goes the side wer back brake leaver is ??

and 2stroke oil goes under seat ????

thanks for the advice mate am i right in saying gearbox oil goes the side wer back brake leaver is ??

and 2stroke oil goes under seat ????

Really kearnsy you should buy a manual and read it rather than have to ask about every little detail.

Its a TDR, I never had one but my DTR oil went in a tank at the front behind the radiator scoop. Maybe yours is under the seat...I dunno but be careful not to pour oil in the cooling expansion tank. The gearbox oil fill is obvious although the drain plug isnt

Really kearnsy you should buy a manual and read it rather than have to ask about every little detail.

Its a TDR, I never had one but my DTR oil went in a tank at the front behind the radiator scoop. Maybe yours is under the seat...I dunno but be careful not to pour oil in the cooling expansion tank. The gearbox oil fill is obvious although the drain plug isnt

hi i hav a manual and read it over i jst want to make sure so i dont put the wrnng oil in

as the earlier reply the gearbox oil that the shop witch is big in ireland recomended dis for my tdr and is no use ??

dis is y im aking for help here

i no wer coolant tank is and wer oil tanks are

just want the best for the bike as its bin lyn up 3years

thanks

1st,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Stay away from BikeWorld,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they know nothing about bikes.

Sure, they have a big fancy shop with lots of bikes for sale,,,,,,but thats it,,,,,,ive herd so many bad stories about them.

2nd,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,read your "HAYNES" manual 2nite till your eyes are bleeding and wont stay open.

3rd,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I know a good lad in Co.Meath that will get your bike sorted propperly,,,,,,,,,,hes cheep and good. Ya want his number ???

The 2stroke oil you have is fine.

10w40 semi synthetic motorbike oil Goes in your gearbox,,,,,,,,,yes beside the brake peddel

The coolant ya have is fine,,,,,,,,,,,, get all the air outa the system

And lastly,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, read your manual !

Best of luck

thanks for the advice lads