Passing/Spot lights how to tighten

Kroony
This post is 4697 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

On my 1300 I have some spotlights on a light bar. they are pretty loose and will rotate 180 after about 2 min of riding. so i got some time to fix it the other day to find this Allan screw with a wire coming out of it.

the wires were run though the light bar before they were terminated as they dont fit though with the lugs on them. so i have to tighten it with the cable in there :S. I have tried to get a flathead screw driver in there, with no luck. I have some old Allan keys that i will try angle grinding a grove in on the weekend. Perhaps im missing something. thought someone here might have a simple genius idea for me.

IMAG0477.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Kroony,

Full installation instructions can be found here: http://www.1300tourer.com/node/2345

From looking at it (about half way down) it appears there is a nut underneath the actual lamp (covered by the collar) that you can tighten probably by using pilers on the bolt to hold it tight...?

I'm sure the pics will explain it better than me? Let us know how you get on.

Good luck

Graham

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online