XT 125X Problem

BenBeta23
This post is 4626 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys, I'm new here.

Just wondering if someone can help me out,

I have a 2011 Yamaha XT 125 X & have a problem with it, When the engine is warm & you leave it for say 10 seconds, then give it a little blip on the throttle, the revs suddenly drop & sometimes it even cuts out, When I bought it new, It was running very weak, So I richened it up & seems to run smoother, But have had this problem with it since new. I have only done 700 miles on it,

I have turned the mixture screw again even further out, But still seems weak, The screw is now fully turned out, I'm thinking it needs a bigger pilot jet in, (As it is a tickover/bottom end related issue), Does anybody know where I can get bigger Jets for it, & also what model the Carb is, I know it's a Mikuni carb But that's about it,

Thanks for reading, Any replies would be grately appreciated,

Cheers,

Ben.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yep it will be covered by warrenty, But this must be how they are all jetted from new, I'm not that bothered about claiming it on the warrenty, Just need to know where I can get bigger jets for it, I read somewhere that the carb is a Mikuni VM20SS, Although this is from an 05 model, Whether the 2011 is the same carb or not, I don't know,

Anway, Thanks for your reply.

Ben.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online