YB100 project in N Wales

This post is 4776 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello there. My 15 year old son has bought himself a YB100 that he wants to restore before his 17th birthday (06/09/12) so he can take it on the road in as near mint condition as he is able.

Are there any recommended web sites we can visit for help and/or supplies? The trickiest thing I'm coming up against at hte moment are replacement decals; anyone any useful contacts for those, please? Also, where is the best/cheapest paint option?

I'm loving watching him get his teeth into a real project with a visible end result. Who'd have thought my teenage son would show energy and drive?! :rolleyes: The bike was bought as a runner but needs some reasonable anmount of work to get it back to original spec.

Anyway, nice to be here and I'll look around teh forums to get a better feel of things. I imagine that there are a lot of more modern bike owners herein. I used to have a a Yamaha XS250SE in 1980s, I now ride a Moto Guzzu California Special.

Cheers,

Karl

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Karl i have recently purchased a Yamaha YB 100 Deluxe but need to strip engine incase it is all rusted up, the bike has been in a shed for 15 yrs and i didnt want to try and fire her up incase engine bore is rusty. Anyway what i would like is any links to spares gasket sets etc. Hope your lad enjoys and experiences the joys of owning a bike, i have had bike all my life and still love it and tell him to ride safe.

Dave

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online