mph/1000rpm on 1991 XJ900F

roversrov
This post is 4701 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I am a newbie member to the YOC with a recently aquired 1991 XJ900F. When I got the bike the speedo dial was very faded and the petrol gauge plastic cover had a crack in it so I bought a good used instrument set from an eBay seller. Rather than replace the complete speedometer unit which would of course have given an incorrect odometer reading I decided to take off just the needle to remove the faded dial, marking the back of the instrument as best I could to give the same MPH reading. Now I seem to be going a bit faster than the speedo suggests; could someone with the same bike check exactly what MPH they have in top gear for any given RPM?

My first question on joining the Yamaha Owners Club was on a clutch problem I had at the time and I posted that in the New Members-General Area; although I got several helpful answers someone suggested that technical queries should have been posted in the "Garage" section, I just checked that section and can only see photos of members bikes??

• 3 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hiya, I just joined up and have an XJ900F from '94. What do you need to know, how many RPM is what MPH? in top gear at 5000 rpm mine does about 80 if that's useful.I'd have to take her out if you want a more accurate reading tho.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online