1978 DT100

dt1001978
This post is 4784 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I have been restoring the above over 10 years or so and now have a working..cough..bike. The only problem I have is that the bike runs fine on start up ..but if you put the choke in..it dies..instantly..the throttle is completely non-responsive. I am not a mechanic by any means, but I thought this may be fuel crystalised in the carb..if so, what do i use to clean it? Any ideas?

Many thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there " the pilot jet will be clogged, strip carb,, either ultra-sonic cleaner , or take out jets,, carb cleaner is also in spray cans,,,;)

Hi there " the pilot jet will be clogged, strip carb,, either ultra-sonic cleaner , or take out jets,, carb cleaner is also in spray cans,,,;)

Great thanks for the quickie!

I know it may seem rude to post "how can I fix" on my first post..but my hands were all greasy and i was in mid meltdown over this problem :)

Thx..I'll give it a go

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online