plastic chrome peeling xvs 650

wolfboy
This post is 4710 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

guys various parts of my bike are now lookin the worse for wear, mainly the plastic chrome stuff is peeling badly. is there anyway to just get rid of this and paint the affected areas. all my "real chrome" is okay, its the stuff thats on plastic panels. thanks for any advice guys.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If you're painting over it - Genklene or Nitro Mors on the plasti-chrome to strip it, scrub it down and rinse the stuff off (for God's sake, wear rubber gloves), then paint as desired.

That's what I'd do. Probably quite dangerous, given the chemicals you're working with, so take all precautions.

was thinking off using that but, 1. was worried it might eat into the plastic, and 2,. would it lift the chrome that has not started to peel yet. i need to get all the plastic chrome off. yes, all the chrome off and lots and lots of matt black paint.lol.

I had similar plans, but have not tried it yet myself.

I know others have done it, but have not seen the results up close.

Perhaps a milder paint-stripper?