YBR125 which oil ?

jeddy
This post is 4631 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi have done the searches but nothing definitive !!! Which oil should i use in my 2008 YBR125 semi synthetic like motul 500 10w-40 4T or fully synthetic like silkolene comp 4 10w40 ???

thanks

The better the oil you put in the better it is for you bike. Go with the fully synthetic and buy branded not cheapest you can find. Cheap means dont last as long so will cost you more in the end

Also look into some stuff called slick 50 for ultimate protection that you drop in to the engine just before you add the new oil

Thats a great website above put in all the details and it tells you what you need !! have ordered some semi synthetic from them !

Also i read that i shouldnt use fully synthetic for a few reasons that i dint actually believe !! but i dont mind changing the oil sooner.

Plus i was told a long time ago never to use slick 50 as it coats a protective membrane around the engine parts but after a while this starts to come away actually causing more problems. i was told to only use it in old smoking engines before selling the vehicle !! but at that price it was not worth it...

you do hear a lot of old stories though !!1

james

The better the oil you put in the better it is for you bike. Go with the fully synthetic and buy branded not cheapest you can find. Cheap means dont last as long so will cost you more in the end

Also look into some stuff called slick 50 for ultimate protection that you drop in to the engine just before you add the new oil