DT175MX Refurbishing the swinging arm

NE0
This post is 4602 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Had the MOT today, went through.

However, the only problem was the swinging arm nut was loose and needed to be tightened up.

I tightened it up of course when I replaced the whole at lot at Christmas: a few weeks ago.

So I was a bit surprised to see it had shaken loose

On closer inspection the blue nyloc bit had broken away, so it wasn't doing its job. I'll need to replace it.

Its a 17mm socket job.

I can of course take it off but its raining hard outside and I'm not going out to the shed!!

So in the comfort of a warm house.........

Is it M10 or 12 ?

and I suspect its metric fine pitch 1.25...............looks like i'll be going to in the morning!

to get a new one!

I'm sure Paul knows what size it is!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I knew you'd know!

Thats incredible you know the breakdown of what the yamaha codes mean, i knew they must mean something but...wow!....... you're the man! :hail:

I've just been looking at the codes.........so 06 are M6 and 08 are M8's.......simple when you know.

I bet it is a metric fine, because genuine ones are expensive for a nut! and metric fine always seem to be more expensive than regular nuts!

nuts oooooh hazel nuts! OOOHH Cadbury take them and they make 'em in to chocolate.

Who remembers that?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online