YBR125 Custom steeeing lock issue

Glasdrum
This post is 4641 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm 5 days Into owning my first bike and am loving it. The last thing I want to do is have it stolen and I'm taking no chances.

The steering lock seems like a good idea to complimemt my locks however despite following the instruction in the manual to the letter I can engage it.

With the bars turned to the right I depress the key in the ignition and turn to the 'lock' position however I cannot remove the key and the steering is not locked. Any ideas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You may have to wiggle the bars a bit to get the lock into the correct position to fully lock so that you can remove the key.

On my XVS 650 the bars have to be turned to the left as you are sitting on the bike, the same side as the side stand, and I have to pull them slightly back to the right to get the lock to engage.

When I had a 125 ybr custom (2008) you had to turn the wheel to the left - is that what you are doing?

May need to check the hole the latch goes into - mine was obstructed with paint when new and wouldn't engage.

It is not too much of a deterrent if it doesn't work. The best thing is to make sure you chain it to something that cannot move or be moved, with a good chain. These bikes are so light a couple of scrotes and a van are all it takes to reallocate your bike.

Keep safe

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online