1975 yamaha dt100b has no spark

yamamastr
This post is 4656 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

two years ago i bought this bike and it was running but the engine was week. i have replace all bottom end bearings gaskets oil seals along with new piston rings. today i have got my bike compleatly reassembled and put back into the bike it has compression and gas but no spark i have tried sanding the points but no luck i cant think of anything eles to try any help whould be apprechiated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ok so i found out that the points werent opening and closeing so i adjusted them and whala i got spark. my problem now is that it seems like the flywheel is binding not allowingthe motor to spin correctly chould washering the flywheel help?

ok so i found out that the points werent opening and closeing so i adjusted them and whala i got spark. my problem now is that it seems like the flywheel is binding not allowingthe motor to spin correctly chould washering the flywheel help?

say whaaat?

ok so i am now at the point where i am uterly confused. i took the flywheel off no diffrence in the way the engine feels. im starting to wonder if theres a bind. but i was able to start it once rode it halp way around my block and then it cut out had to push it home. took plugs out putt it in high gear and it rolls but its tough im letting some two stroke sit in the cylinder to realy lub things up. and when you kick it in gear it lurches fwoward so i dont think i put it together wrong. choul the new seals cause this toughness i didnt oil them when i put them on.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online