Fuel leaking

thumbs
This post is 4794 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have an 89 XT350 with about 16k on it. I put her in the garage and went out of town for a day. When I got back she was sitting on a very damp area of concrete. The carbs had leaked. Ok I figure the needle valves stuck or some such thing. I haven't looked at it yet but am wondering if there is any particular thing these things do that I should look for? She ran great so I would like to do as little messin with it as I can. I am wondering if I take the bowels off and squirt some carb cleaner in there if that may do the trick?

thanks

Gary

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have an 89 XT350 with about 16k on it. I put her in the garage and went out of town for a day. When I got back she was sitting on a very damp area of concrete. The carbs had leaked. Ok I figure the needle valves stuck or some such thing. I haven't looked at it yet but am wondering if there is any particular thing these things do that I should look for? She ran great so I would like to do as little messin with it as I can. I am wondering if I take the bowels off and squirt some carb cleaner in there if that may do the trick?

thanks

Gary

I'd be inclined to do a visual check on broken fuel lines first mind, but aye it sounds like its yer float chamber sticking ;)

Thanks Nev

Yeah I really haven't looked at it yet but plan to tomorrow. Just wondered if these things had any problems other than the normal when fuel is on the floor. I guess that's the price you pay, once in a while, for not shutting off the fuel. LOL I got this bike a while back with 6K on it. Other than change the oil and lube the suspension I really haven't done a thing to it. Oh yea I put one plug in it once. LOL

Looks like we are almost neighbors. I grew up in Media and live in Souderton, just north of Lansdale, now.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online