Extended Shift lever for DTR?

Dean_DT
This post is 4716 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys,

With my MX boots on i cant get my stoopid huge size 13 pasty in between the peg and shift lever properly. i have moved it round on the splines so it sits high enough for me to fit my foot under, but its way too high and the action is far from smooth as the lever is sitting way beyond where it is meant to be! Also having a lot of accidental changes as a result of this.

I can change just fine with the lever in standard position if i am wearing trainers, but this really isnt a good idea when im off road eh!

What im after is a Longer lever, so as it does not have to be so high, that way i should still be able to get my boot under it and change gear and even change in normal footwear.

i have seen longer levers for the YZ125 but not the DT, does anyone know if they share the same shift shaft and number of splines? Or does anyone make a lever for the DT125R?

Any help appreciated guys or im going to have to crack the welder out and do it myself, which id rather not do in case it snaps next time i come off the bike!

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Your sitting too far back on the seat

moving it just one spline is too much? :unsure:

One spline was nowhere near enough. its about 5 i think. sits right up alongside the engine casing.

Your sitting too far back on the seat

I wish i was bud, its nothing to do with that, believe me if i sit any higher up on the tank ill be steering with my testicles!!!!

I can use my mates CRF250 just fine in its standard position, because his lever is about 1.5" longer than mine.

Thats what i fear.... :(

Does anyone know of any technical data on the shift shafts for both the DT and YZ? if i can compare splines and widths i may be able to get the longer one for the YZ and use it on the DT

Well in theroy they are the same engine but you will need a YZ owner to come on and measure/count the splines for you.

Failing that ill just buy one and hope for the best! :blink:

How about trying your mates CRF gear lever? seeing as you know it's 1 1/2" longer.

Good point, but i assumed an 23yr old yamaha 2T would use a different shaft to a 4year old Honda 4 stroke?

Ya never know, a spline is a spline is a spline,mind you even if the spline was different, I definately think about using your dt lever fitment/clamp and chopping off a crf lever from its fitment/clamp, and welding it onto your dt spline/shaft clamp, thats if all other avenues are closed, just a thought ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online