xj6s

roadhogg
This post is 4644 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

has any one have the same as me i have a week old xj6 and i have put 100 miles on it 3 days later i got the bike out to go for a spin turn the key will it hell start no power even to light the clocks up.. so not to bad for a week old bike i think i will be going back to a z750 so if your thinking of buying the xj6 i would think again as there crap cheap junk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

has any one have the same as me i have a week old xj6 and i have put 100 miles on it 3 days later i got the bike out to go for a spin turn the key will it hell start no power even to light the clocks up.. so not to bad for a week old bike i think i will be going back to a z750 so if your thinking of buying the xj6 i would think again as there crap cheap junk

I think your a bit quick to judge the bike. I've had mine for over a year and never had one single problem with it. You checked all your connects and terminals? If you've had it for a week then why haven't you contacted your dealer and asked them to have a look at it?

David

They really are not 'crap cheap junk'!

Having had 2 of them, i think they are brilliant bikes. I reckon your battery is knackered, this is probably as a result of the lights being left on a few times at the dealership (dealer starts bike up, lights come on, parks it but switches engine off at the kill switch, leaving headlight and tail-lamp to draw 7 or 8 amps from the battery). The dealer WILL replace this under warranty.

Whilst i do really like the Z750, give the XJ6 a chance, there are awesome all rounders, see here:

An XJ6 will do more than commute

I hope you sort it....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online