Son's DT50....weird dangly pipes!

Prostheta
This post is 4794 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Not much to say, however a picture paints a thousand words or so they say....

dt50pipes.jpg

I don't really have much experience in bikes as such. It just strikes me as a little strange to have pipes exposed at such length with no apparent destination. If they are breather pipes, I would have though they would be tucked away a little better.

Somewhat concerned of course, given it's our son's road bike. Reassurance or advice welcomed! Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thank you! It seemed logical that they would be "normal" given that there was no evidence of cutting, them having been attached to anything or any clip marks having been left behind. It just looks messy and odd to my eye! I think I'll nail them to that there round boxy bit! :lol:

Again, many thanks.

Thank you! It seemed logical that they would be "normal" given that there was no evidence of cutting, them having been attached to anything or any clip marks having been left behind. It just looks messy and odd to my eye! I think I'll nail them to that there round boxy bit! :lol:

Again, many thanks.

Just cut them a bit shorter,,,,,they do seam a bit long.

If your tying them up then make sure they dont kink ;)

Tell your son to grow another set of eyes,,,,,and of course to stay safe.

Happy ridin there sonny boy B)

The done thing these days is to run them into an old drinks bottle or can that's strapped to the frame. It tidies them up, and makes a feature of it.

This kind of idea:

sljv5c.jpg

The done thing these days is to run them into an old drinks bottle or can that's strapped to the frame. It tidies them up, and makes a feature of it.

This kind of idea:

But,,,but,,,,,who wants a tin can strapped to there bike. :blink:

The pipes hang low down so that they draw moisture outa where they are comming from.

But,,,but,,,,,who wants a tin can strapped to there bike. :blink:

The pipes hang low down so that they draw moisture outa where they are comming from.

Quite a lot of people, apparently! Supposedly it makes it look like a race bike!!

The pipes only hang that low so that the fluid that overflows clears the frame and engine components, they aren't instrumental in actually

drawing fluid out.

Quite a lot of people, apparently! Supposedly it makes it look like a race bike!!

The pipes only hang that low so that the fluid that overflows clears the frame and engine components, they aren't instrumental in actually

drawing fluid out.

Fookin right there not,,,,,,the price of things today sur they'd have ya robbed on fuel :D

There were tin cans tied to the back of a tractor an trailer when i got married,,,,,,,,,,haunts me ever since,,,,,,,so no tin cans for me :lol: