xvs 125 Dragstar cam chain issue

Irene
This post is 4798 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,

hope you can help on this one as it seems to be causing a major problem with the bloke I have trying to fix it.

The cam chain is in need of replacing but the mechanic is having major issues locating the correct one for the xvs 125 Dragstar. He has sent away for a few already and they just dont seem to fit.

He needs a flat duplex chain with 100 links (or more as he can reduce it) and one that can be split so he can feed it through and not have to take the whole engine apart, as he doesnt want to do this. He has already done work on the bike and this is the last thing. Problem is, its in bits now and no other garage will take it on.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas where I can get such a chain. The mechanic has looked at a lot of sites online, and isnt coming up with the correct part.

Hope you can help,

Cheers :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi everyone,

hope you can help on this one as it seems to be causing a major problem with the bloke I have trying to fix it.

The cam chain is in need of replacing but the mechanic is having major issues locating the correct one for the xvs 125 Dragstar. He has sent away for a few already and they just dont seem to fit.

He needs a flat duplex chain with 100 links (or more as he can reduce it) and one that can be split so he can feed it through and not have to take the whole engine apart, as he doesnt want to do this. He has already done work on the bike and this is the last thing. Problem is, its in bits now and no other garage will take it on.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas where I can get such a chain. The mechanic has looked at a lot of sites online, and isnt coming up with the correct part.

Hope you can help,

Cheers :)

Granby Motors, Ilkeston, Derbys, 0115 9441346

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online