XT600 rear shock

sealtite
This post is 4802 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi fellas ,

I had a spring made for my XT600 Tenere 34L rear shock , but after just a little off roading the coil seems to have compressed and is now much softer . I guess it has compressed somewhat and now doesn't decompress back to what is was . With little off roading I mean a couple of kilos on the trail .I spoke to the guy that made it and he says that the EN48 spring steel they use is sometimes not of the greatest quality and this can happen .According to a spring rate calculator I found online the coil is now at 524 lbsf/in . Does anyone know what the spring rate was on the original Tenere shock ? I was thinking of reducing the active coils down 1 coil to 8 which according to the calculator will up the spring rate to 590lbsf/in . Anyone have any thoughts on this , since I weigh about 280 pounds , the bike has a 30 liter tank and I didn't carry any luggage when I took it on the trail .A full tank and a backpack should add about 80 pounds weight to it all and if it is way too soft now , it surely won't work loaded . It has about 35mm sag before I get onboard and once I do there is roughly 4 inches travel left to bottoming out . Many thanks in advance .

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online