dt 125 r compresssion??

This post is 4798 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys, i've recently had some issues with my new bike. keeps spluttering on the power band and when you try to maintain your speed!

i've changed the plug for a 8 instead of the 9, new air filter and new 2 storke oil.

i ran it down to my local bike shop today and asked them to give it a quick compression test. it was only a young lad who did so was a bit uncertain if he knew what the comp should be!

this is how he did it, and the results:- ingnition on, 3 pulls on the throtle. then 3 kicks where it reached 140 psi. then 3 more where it made 160 psi

was the correct method and are those good results?? i'm certain a red up on here it should be around 150 psi on a new engine?

btw the bikes a 2003 dtr with 13,000. never been rebuilt

any help would be great!

thanks

josh

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi guys, i've recently had some issues with my new bike. keeps spluttering on the power band and when you try to maintain your speed!

i've changed the plug for a 8 instead of the 9, new air filter and new 2 storke oil.

i ran it down to my local bike shop today and asked them to give it a quick compression test. it was only a young lad who did so was a bit uncertain if he knew what the comp should be!

this is how he did it, and the results:- ingnition on, 3 pulls on the throtle. then 3 kicks where it reached 140 psi. then 3 more where it made 160 psi

was the correct method and are those good results?? i'm certain a red up on here it should be around 150 psi on a new engine?

btw the bikes a 2003 dtr with 13,000. never been rebuilt

any help would be great!

thanks

josh

Well the throttle should be fully open (as in held on fully) as he kickes her over.

But thats good comression you have anyway. Over 120+psi is grand

EDIT: change the plug back to 9, unless you live up on top of a very very high mountain.

Well the throttle should be fully open (as in held on fully) as he kickes her over.

But thats good comression you have anyway. Over 120+psi is grand

EDIT: change the plug back to 9, unless you live up on top of a very very high mountain.

yea sorry, he did have the throttle fully open.

good to hear that, i was worried i'd have to rebuild her!

well i live on the moors and do alot of off roading, but when the guy took the plug out i noticed it was very oily. so could that be a problem??

thanks!

josh

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online