How not to start your day!

inspectorhappy
This post is 4799 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So here is the scene. Riding at 3am on a Thursday morning, clear road, good conditions and good lighting. Hardly anyone on the road. Fuelled up, necked a red bull and was feeling awake and alert.

So riding in a 30 mph zone, through a small village, rounded a bend and OH HELLO CAR, YOU ARE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!!!, so much so he even was head on with me as I was as far left as I could go!!! Anyways, strangely I did not panic, swerved and avoided a head on, now the problem, not enough braking time, a kerb and wall in my path, noooooooooooooooo, I had to bin the bike!! Over the handle bars I go landing 5 feet away, and manage to watch my bike to a 360 flip and land side on the road. I look and see the car has stopped, then aaaw no it just was checking if I moved. He gunned it and failed to stop the git! No registration got either.

Now I have to repair the bike out of my own money! But hey gives me a valid excuse to mod the bike! But the money will be sorely missed, As a friend said i should of thrown the bike into the car, at least he would of stopped!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry to hear of the incident. Glad you weren't hurt though. Not good he didn't stop - he was probably intoxicated or something... hopefully karma will catch up with them soon.

Good luck with the repairs.

Thanks pal.

I was amazed I walked away from it to be honest as I went some distance and got some air time!

I was really gutted to start with, but thanks to ebay, I hopefully will get the bike back to some form of normality soon.

So here is the scene. Riding at 3am on a Thursday morning, clear road, good conditions and good lighting. Hardly anyone on the road. Fuelled up, necked a red bull and was feeling awake and alert.

So riding in a 30 mph zone, through a small village, rounded a bend and OH HELLO CAR, YOU ARE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!!!, so much so he even was head on with me as I was as far left as I could go!!! Anyways, strangely I did not panic, swerved and avoided a head on, now the problem, not enough braking time, a kerb and wall in my path, noooooooooooooooo, I had to bin the bike!! Over the handle bars I go landing 5 feet away, and manage to watch my bike to a 360 flip and land side on the road. I look and see the car has stopped, then aaaw no it just was checking if I moved. He gunned it and failed to stop the git! No registration got either.

Now I have to repair the bike out of my own money! But hey gives me a valid excuse to mod the bike! But the money will be sorely missed, As a friend said i should of thrown the bike into the car, at least he would of stopped!

wow sounds quite nasty but as long as your ok man an feck the cager for not stoping hope you get the bike fixed ok buddy

Dave

welcome to the woe's of yoc , dude, a copper did this to me ,but he stayed around ,i bet he wishes he'd fucked off , cos he ended up with a driving ban.

I'd have gone straight into him. See if he can 'get away' with a body stuck in his windscreen.

Any luck, you'd have smashed his face in, too.

Seriously though, good you're not badly hurt.

Get checked out at a hospital anyway, though. These things often come back to bite you in the arse years later.

You may also end up recalling the number plate, so it's best to have some evidence.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online