Engine Rebuild for 1982 DT 50

This post is 4802 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello !

I am new to this forum and have been a Yamaha nut for years! I am presently rebuilding a 1982 (?) DT 50. It is an enduro model, street legal with all lights etc. I bought it two weeks ago hoping I would be able to find a piston, reeds and gasket kit - one know where I would be able to find parts etc for this bike. I am in Canada and it seems that the DT was more popular in Europe - please help if you know where I can get parts.

Thank you,

Dan

[email protected]

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Novel, kind of an intro and a question all rolled up together.

You don't mention if the bike you have is the twinshock or the later mx (monoshock) bike. The engines are inernally identical, just different covers. The carb, exhaust, and reedblock are diffent although the reeds are the same. The m (lower case) or twin shock if you like was sold in europe in 60cc unrestricted form and went like sh1t off a stick. nigh on 50mph. The twinshock on the other hand wasn't :( , thats all you got 50cc and your 3hp).

The m was just sleeved down for the UK. Many young enterprising souls got them back to 60cc, myself included and generally got them to go very nicely indeed.

Therefore the m had a much bigger carb and inlet tract to allow for the 60cc. The plus point is all the internals will swap so any dt50 (aircooled parts) will be fine. There are no end on ebay.

Give these fellows a call TY trials Clicky, they are uk based but they ship worldwide i understand and are very helpfull.especially as the TY50 engine shares many components.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online