Cleaning Radian carbs

Allen S
This post is 4570 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Is there a way to clean the Radian's carbs without removing and disassembling them? Will a healthy dose of Sea Foam or carb cleaner allowed to soak in the carbs for an extended period of time do the job?

Thanks,

Allen S

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Depends,,,,,,,,,if the bike was lying up for ages then no,,,,,,,,,,,better off ta strip and clean.

• 1 month later...

Two best thing to do to a Radian to keep it running is Clean&maintain the carbs and seal the tank. Its not that hard to get the carbs out it just takes a little elbow grease. Pull the seat, fuel lines, gas tank, choke and throttle cables. Loosen airbox and all eight booties, slide air box back then pull carbs back till they are free, turn the carbs clockwise or top towards the front of the bike then pull them out the left side of the bike.

If you haven't cleaned them before I'd suggest getting a new needle valve set, and a fuel filter. I do admit its a pain in the butt pulling the carbs, I have done it countless times because of rust in my gas tank and cheap gas gelling up the bowls on hot summer days. Which reminds me, if you dont ride every day add some Stabil to your fuel. :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online