thundercat running problems!!!!!

canny
This post is 4724 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all, i have a 97 thundercat and its been layed up for a little over a year and ran perfect when i parked it up but since resurecting her in feb this year its had a rough tick over and spluters when on low revs but seems to run perfect on over quarter throttle, ive had carbs to bits and could not see any dirt also changed both coil packs but no diference, checked plugs and swapped them around to see if any change but still same, it seems the problem is with cylinders 1 and 3 as leaving the bike on tick over and checking temp of down pipes they seem lot cooler than 2 and 4 and also when had carbs to bits i ran bike with no petrol tank or airbox and proceeded to smother the intake of the carbs on 1 and 3 and it ran slightly higher revs for few seconds then went back to normal but if try block either 2 or 4 then engine cuts out!!! running out of ideas now so any info would be great, petrol is getting in to all cylinders when you rev it but just seems not on anything less than quarter throttle, should i try getting some second hand carbs of the bay or from breakers or somwere like that or has any body any ideas, as i say was running perfect when parked it up just over year ago so dont think its worn carbs but i have tried giving them clean as best i can and there was no sign of any dirt in any of them when strippped, somebody help!!!!!! pleeeeeeeeeeze!!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.