Intro

This post is 4805 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi! A 35 year old woman who got a job just far enough away from home - to justify to my better half that this.. this is the time to buy the motorcycle I've always dreamed of.

After wanting to get a bike for 12 years - my dream bike, after checking my bank account, was any bike that I could get for practically nothing.

Not quite enough googeling, and one enthusiastic brother-in-law later... I now ride around on a Yamaha XJ Diversion 600N - borrowed from a co-worker. I will do this until I get the bike I bought about 3 months ago. Fell in love on eBay - bought it - and have been waiting for it since. 3 months is a long time waiting for a dream bike. (Luckily it's a good way to keep it beeing a dream, unluckily it's a lot of time to google.) I now realise that the bike is only "relatively low" - and that I am seriously not tall. I've googled my way through cyber space and realised that the bike is referred to as both a "beast", heavy, "ugly and fast". But who knows; maybe my 1980 XS1100 Midnight Special will be the perfect bike for me. Maybe it will be the perfect bike for me - to sell...

So there you are. A newbi in the world of 4 strokes - learning to google before you buy - and to be patient with the world of shipping. And learning to enjoy riding "my" borrowed XJ600. Love it!

I have noticed that my knowledge about motorcycles is growing by each page I google my way through - by joining this forum I hope I will be able to learn even more. Needless to say, I need to.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hei ! nice intro thingwy :huh:

yer, Rambler, good user name too :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online