Electrical nightmare yb100

ybjayd100
This post is 4799 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there im new on here but here goes

im having some trouble with my new project a little yb100 not sure what year but im guessing that the wiring colours are all the same

the problem i have is i cant get the rear stop and tail light to work

i can get it to turn on but it uses both elements when you go from park lights to main lights

there is a green wire with i think a red trace in the headlight that doesnt seem to connect to anything and there is also a drak green plain wire that also doesnt connect

to anything im just wondering if any one can help

and also any general tips with these bikes would be appreciated

thanks guys

j

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there im new on here but here goes

im having some trouble with my new project a little yb100 not sure what year but im guessing that the wiring colours are all the same

the problem i have is i cant get the rear stop and tail light to work

i can get it to turn on but it uses both elements when you go from park lights to main lights

there is a green wire with i think a red trace in the headlight that doesnt seem to connect to anything and there is also a drak green plain wire that also doesnt connect

to anything im just wondering if any one can help

and also any general tips with these bikes would be appreciated

thanks guys

j

im also in need of a rear brake light switch if anyone knows of one anywhere

Introduce yourself properly.

Buy a new bulb

Check and repair/resecure the taillight earth.

Thats 95% of the causes of your problem.

Introduce yourself properly.

Buy a new bulb

Check and repair/resecure the taillight earth.

Thats 95% of the causes of your problem.

Cheers guys

i seem to have sorted most of it out the only problem im having is the stator isnt

charging the battery im pretty sure its probably a broken wire or can the rectifier have anything to do with it

because thats one of the few parts i havnt replaced but i had it tested and all seems good

any input welcome

cheers

Jay d

Hi " take it the Yb will be 6 volt system , , put a meter on battery, when running to see if charging,, Yb will be soarse coil & lighting coil , as in the DT"S , check them too. the rectifier will be a di-od , its a cheap fix ,,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online