distance

fatcat
This post is 4692 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone. The names Gary,50 years young from wakefield. Been bikeing 30 odd years.kids getting older good time to go touring.

Doing France and Spain solo next week on my t/cat .any hints tips would be most welcome,done the normal stuff plugs filters oil ect ,anything to watch out for ?.

Many thanks regards Gary

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome fatcat [ you must work for an Energy Co. ] , Anyway , member " plinningas on here, and taskmaster, have done loads of tours , post up new thread in ride-outs , ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi blackhat250,thanks for the reply just got back 2500 miles around spain the bike ran like a dream not bad to say its 14 years old.

I will post some pics when i have sussed out how its done. If any one would like a ride out send a message if I can fit it in with my

Shifts I will do so. lesson learned if you fancy riding Spain spring..or Autumn...August in bike gear is meltdown below 50mph

Only holiday where I lost weight.

Have fun ride safe regards Gary

anything to watch out for ?

The Spanish Inquisition. No-one ever expects them...

Barcelona is the only place I can speak much about and all I can say is 'watch your pockets'.

The thieves there, pickpockets in particular, are especially skilled. Theft is a major part of Barcelona's income and continues unopposed so long as the tourists don't get hurt. The police will also not speak any English of use... unless you get hurt during the crime. Suddenly, they become fluent speakers and you will often find said thieves a short while later, lying bruised and bleeding in an alleyway.

plinningas on here, and taskmaster, have done loads of tours

I have not. Well, not overseas, anyway. Fair few domestic ones, but that's about it. ;)

just got back 2500 miles around spain

Spain is awesome. Personally I prefer the north around the Picos, where you can experience 'real' spain, but the Sierra Nevada's are great too.

For really great roads, Greece, Bulgaria and Romania are, erm, invigorating! Aslo the Baltics (Estonia, Latvia & Lithuanina) should be on your list.

A trip to the Arctic should also be on your list, if ou've never rode in Sweden then you've never seen roads where you cannot see the end before....

I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms these days, perhaps it's time to put some distance between blighty and the bike again........

wow, you got more miles under your belt than santa,my spain trip started at Santander >logrono>Zaragoza>Alcaniz and onto my mates in Calceite once into the area around Aragon the mountain

roads are amazing if somtimes a little butt clenching the bends do tighten up a little..... erm a lot ..from my mates through Valencia to my mums in La Romana nr Alicante stayed off the m/ways as

much as poss more fun and a lot cheaper <tolls>. After much pampering from my mum I meanderd my way back to santander miissing Madrid back to the UK and back to the grind.and not one traffic

Jam not until the UK that is.Now the bike its a yam thundercat p reg great engine gearbox frame breakes suspension but to look at it you would think it had come last in the scrap heap challange but only

800 quid its very comfy you know the story 3 girls 2 at collage and the Royal bank of dad pays, But to be honest the bike is used all year round and does all I ask and more.Anyway thanks for reading about my little adventure and I hope I havent driven anyone to suicide.

Have fun ride safe regards Gary

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online