Motorcycle headlight regulations?

wild foamy
This post is 4804 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey everyone.

what are the regulations with regards to headlights on motorcycles. i.e do they need to be a specific height above the ground, do they have to focus on a specific point at an exact distance from the headlight itself?.

basically im planning a front-end (temporary) modification to the XJ600... basically a deadmau5 head with eyes as headlights, if i can upload a few pphotos from my sketchpad i can give you guys and gals an idea of what im after, but ideally i would need to get to the bottom of this headlight dilema before i can settle on a design

cheers all

- Foameh x

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I doubt if they have to be monted a specific height, that would exclude monkey bikes and all cars especially sportscars. The focus is the thing it must spread to the left and be set to the right distance....all tested at MOT time. you may find the light has to be type approved marked too...

cheers OG, any idea what the focus has to be or where i can find out?

If it were me i'd be going to my regular MOT chap and telling him my plans, after all it's him you have got to get it passed with. I dont know myself mate.

i went to my MOT tester regards the tracker lights.

he said "they don't workdo they" I said, eh? and he repeated the same thing.

In other words tape them up disconnect the lamps and get your MOT that way!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online