New Member With Fazer 600 Problem

JayBeedie
This post is 4805 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

First post on this, just after a bit of advice. I have recently bought a 600 Fazer, W reg, and seem to have some problems starting it with a cold engine. If I start it like I normally would on a bike, it will fire up, and then die. So I find that I have to push the button, turn the throttle and hold it for a couple of seconds to keep it ticking over. I have looked at the plugs, cleaned some dirt off them and put them back in. My other thought is that would it be related to the carbs at all? As when I start it, with choke, and set it so it's ticking over (just above 1,000 revs), it is on the side stand. But then if I am to sit on the bike and lean it up right, after a while, if left to its own devices, it will cut out

Any help/suggestions/thoughts etc would be muchly appreciated.

Cheers

Jay

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello.

Are you saying when the bike sits for a few minutes with the choke on it cuts out? If so maybe its warmed up and doesn't need choke any more? My fazer was tempermental when I first bought it + had to be revved and clutch pulled in to find a sweet spot to keep it running. Once had ridden it a while it improved. Could be crap in the carb which may work its way out once used a while? Does it run ok when warmed up?

Graham

Hi Graham,

Yes once it has been running a while and have ridden it, it runs perfectly fine. On my last tank of petrol I did put in some additive to clean out the system. Which should have run through by now....will just see how it goes then.

Many thanks

Jay

No worries. I used a couple of bottles of Redex in my tank over the course of the last year (along with a few good rides out as well as the daily commute) which has helped a lot. It used to be a lot more sluggish on start up so assumed it had sat in the shop for a while?

Hope it improves once ridden a bit.

Graham

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online