DT125R - my first bike!

Dean_DT
This post is 4747 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Picked this up on Tues for what i think was a very good price....

newbike.jpg

newbike2.jpg

Only mods im aware of are Renthal bars, and a full Big One exhaust.

Powervalve is stuck open ( does it need battery to operate??) Battery Dead apart from that runs fine.

Cosmetically she's pretty good, but of surface rust on swingarm/frame and some paint damaged on plastics but what do you expect on a 22year old off roader!

Off out in an hour or so to Four Marks in Alton, Hants for a bit of a "getting to know you" session. Hopefully ill be a lot more confident by time i get back! (as well as bruised,bleeding etc!)

Will update with progress as and when its made! But before i do anything i need to apply for V5, make sure i aint bought a ringer!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bugger! got there, went to start her up and had no throttle, then it jammed :( Upper cable has snapped :(

Bonus, got to ride my mates sons KX80 and his CRF250 instead, God i LOVE that bike! accelerated like a scalded kitten, with nowhere near full throttle. Had a wicked day, got myself a bit more confident and very very muddy! Didnt fall off, but that was mainly because i wasnt giving it like i would have if it was my bike id been riding, didnt want to drop my mates new toy before he did! :lol:

Update: Fitted new throttle cable, Bar grips and new Levers. makes such a difference i think!Need to paint bars black now though, blue really isnt working!

2011-07-26132844.jpg

2011-07-26132852.jpg

2011-07-26132859.jpg

Also chucked a new air filter in as old one had a hole in it!

Fiddled with PV, has made the bike slightly better but will have to wait til saturday to test it out properly. Think im still going to have to go over everything make sure its all set right, clean carb, new plug, adjust 2T pump,throttle cable, etc etc.

Also Spotted that the clutch cable is routed wrong, so maybe this has something to do with the cable being quite stiff.

Fiddles about with powervalve some more today, and this time i got it right. I hadnt taken the exhaust off last time so didnt really know 100% where the valve was sat, but it is now in its factory position and its now far more responsive and i have a nice bit of oomph from the word go. Ok so its not going to be a top end screamer, but seeing as i havent got more than 1.5 hours time on a geared bike, thats fine by me!

Really looking forward to Saturday now to get some time in on my own bike!

• 3 weeks later...

Little update:

Fitted my new bars and pad, looks much better but will all be changing colour again shortly as the bike will be going from white to black.

This is due to me getting the bike out at four marks properly 2 weekends running, and last weekend was a touch wet, which coupled with well worn road tyres resulted in me having a couple of Offs! fair bit of plastics damage, small chunk out the tank, just the normal stuff really!

So will be sorting all the panels out and painting them satin black,along with the bars. The frame will be painted gloss black as will swingarm.

Then over the top ill be having some custom decals made up in matt white/ gloss red. Will be doing some photoshops so will post up what it should look like, and obviously some pics when its done!

• 1 month later...

How's the bike going Dean? Any new pics?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online