Just sayin hello

This post is 4809 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I'm so happy that I found this site!! I just purchased a 79 XS750F that the previous owner has owned since 1985. He rode it up to 1994 and then parked it in his garage. It's exactly as it was when he parked it and he states it ran great back then. I'm going to try to resurrect this beautiful bike and get it back on the road. It looks very nice on the outside but hope the inside it just as nice.

Any advise on what I should do to prepare to get this bike running would be greatly appreciated. I'll post a picture of it shortly.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Buy/beg steal a manual, std advice really but more so here.

The 750tripple has a lot of 'character' not the words a mate of mine used running one but you get the idea. Bit hypocritical coming from a dedicated 2 stroke nut but there you go... :lol:

If you keep it well maintained it will be fine but they don't reward bad maintainance.

Otherwse, welcome.