Aerox cold starting problem.

vollty
This post is 4458 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all.

My son has been having a cold start problem with his aerox 50. It will in initially start on the electric start & then imediately die, after that it takes 10-20 kickstarts to get it going. Once running it is fine, with no problems. It also has an small intermittant fuel leak, out of the hose from the bottom of the carb.

Due to lack of time, I have not carried out any work on it, instead trusting the main dealer to sort it out. It has just come back from them for the 4th time, & is still not fixed!!! I have lost all faith in them and now will try & look at it myself. I intend to strip the carb & clean it, which I don't think has been done by the dealer.....they seem to think the choke is at fault, but to me the fuel leak would indicate a problem with the float sticking.

Any thoughts?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all.

My son has been having a cold start problem with his aerox 50. It will in initially start on the electric start & then imediately die, after that it takes 10-20 kickstarts to get it going. Once running it is fine, with no problems. It also has an small intermittant fuel leak, out of the hose from the bottom of the carb.

Due to lack of time, I have not carried out any work on it, instead trusting the main dealer to sort it out. It has just come back from them for the 4th time, & is still not fixed!!! I have lost all faith in them and now will try & look at it myself. I intend to strip the carb & clean it, which I don't think has been done by the dealer.....they seem to think the choke is at fault, but to me the fuel leak would indicate a problem with the float sticking.Any thoughts?

yeah me too, or the float valve dirty / worn

• 11 months later...

Hi there im having the same problem with mine it takes ages to start and when it does its fine untill i swich it off and it leaks out petrol. i have cleaned the float and it didnt do anything. please can you tell me how you fixed your sons? thanks in advance :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online