This post is 4809 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone! New owner of a 1979 XS 750 SF. Still waiting for the title from our Dept. of Motor Vehicles. Last register was 2000. I am from Washington state in the USA. First time bike owner, long time wanting. I have just purchased the Clymer guide. The bike runs, but it appears to have an oil leak at the head gasket front left and none of the lighting works. Any ideas on where to start would be helpful. Hope to be as helpful as I can as a new member as well. Thank you for all your help. :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello everyone! New owner of a 1979 XS 750 SF. Still waiting for the title from our Dept. of Motor Vehicles. Last register was 2000. I am from Washington state in the USA. First time bike owner, long time wanting. I have just purchased the Clymer guide. The bike runs, but it appears to have an oil leak at the head gasket front left and none of the lighting works. Any ideas on where to start would be helpful. Hope to be as helpful as I can as a new member as well. Thank you for all your help. :)

Hi and welcome to the forum, mate, you've definately gone about it the right way by getting the Clymers manual, it's an unwritten rule, that when you buy the bike you should always get a workshop manual for it, or at least the owners manual, you'll be surprised just how helpful they can be, and how much they can save you in the long run, you may even find out your problem with the lights within the manual, but failing that, I'm sure there's some chaps in here, either had, or own the same bike, that will be most helpful, and try and put you on the right way with your problem. Infact if you go to the workshop section, and put your predicament in there, I doubt it will be too long before somebody comes along, with any pointers for you. ;)

Hi and welcome to the forum, mate, you've definately gone about it the right way by getting the Clymers manual, it's an unwritten rule, that when you buy the bike you should always get a workshop manual for it, or at least the owners manual, you'll be surprised just how helpful they can be, and how much they can save you in the long run, you may even find out your problem with the lights within the manual, but failing that, I'm sure there's some chaps in here, either had, or own the same bike, that will be most helpful, and try and put you on the right way with your problem. Infact if you go to the workshop section, and put your predicament in there, I doubt it will be too long before somebody comes along, with any pointers for you. ;)

Hey, thank you for the welcome and the advice. Trying to find the time to work on the bike. I usually work 6-7 days a week, so it is difficult to have the time to "figure things out" on the bike. Have a good day and thanks again. :rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online