Hello!

This post is 4808 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, everyone!

I'm from California, USA and am a Yama-nut, like most of you.

It all started when I went to the track for the first time, back in '97 with my Honda CB1000. The next day, and although that is a magnificent bike for its intended purpose, she was traded for a '97 YZF750 the very next day; possibly, one of the best handling bikes of all time, IMHO.

Just a year later, I was hankering for some more 'go' and fuzzy little pics of what we all thought was the 750's replacement surfaced. I ran to the dealer and plunked down a deposit. Whatever it was, I wanted it. A few weeks thereafter, the news broke about what Yammie was really up to!

In addition to the 750R, I've owned a '98 Blue R1, a '99 Red/Wh R1, and am currently the caretaker of a magnificent, super low mileage '98 Red/Wh R1.

Very regrettably, I may have to let her go to a new steward to expand my business. We'll see.

Thanks for having me. Look forward to getting to know all of you lovely gents and ladies.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello, everyone!

I'm from California, USA and am a Yama-nut, like most of you.

It all started when I went to the track for the first time, back in '97 with my Honda CB1000. The next day, and although that is a magnificent bike for its intended purpose, she was traded for a '97 YZF750 the very next day; possibly, one of the best handling bikes of all time, IMHO.

Just a year later, I was hankering for some more 'go' and fuzzy little pics of what we all thought was the 750's replacement surfaced. I ran to the dealer and plunked down a deposit. Whatever it was, I wanted it. A few weeks thereafter, the news broke about what Yammie was really up to!

In addition to the 750R, I've owned a '98 Blue R1, a '99 Red/Wh R1, and am currently the caretaker of a magnificent, super low mileage '98 Red/Wh R1.

Very regrettably, I may have to let her go to a new steward to expand my business. We'll see.

Thanks for having me. Look forward to getting to know all of you lovely gents and ladies.

Hi sfyamr1, and welcome to the forum mate ;)

Welcome sfyam, I see you like the original R1 "s ..... collectors piece in the future, ;)

Hi and welcome, and your first name is? :unsure:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online