Chain and Sprocket

xt600e
This post is 4813 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I own an XT600e T registration. I am looking to change the sprocket size, just wondered what other riders have done with regard to bigger on back or front and what difference it has made to the bike.

Also any ideas on what prices I would be looking at for a new chain and sprocket.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Larger rear sprocket makes the bike accelerate quicker, but knocks a bit off top speed. Smaller rear sprocket has the opposite effect.

Larger front sprocket makes the top speed faster, but slows the acceleration. Smaller front sprocket has the opposite effect.

As for costs, well how long's a piece of string?

There's too many variables, alloy sprockets or steel sprockets, O ring or X ring or non-ring chain, chain quality, they all make it impossible to tell you how much it will cost because we don't know what you want.

If you run a larger rear sprocket, you'll need a longer chain than standard.

The differences will be, either faster acceleration or higher top speed, depending what route you take.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online