G'day

This post is 4815 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi, No the bike still takes me to work every day. She has started to use some oil and it has a bit of blow bye but the poor old dear has done 88,000 km. I picked up a brand new haynes workshop manual from a flea market. My bigest problem is the only workshop manuals i have seen deal with U.K and U.S bikes and not Australian bikes so i can't get much except what the local Yamaha dealer choose to tell me and at the moment they think i'm going to take it to them for repair or better still sell me a new one.

Hi Cameron,

Good that you've got a manual. Bonus that you got it at a market.

I haven't had any issues with foreign manuals. Some manuals are better than others and each of the two that I have, while mostly the same, cover some small areas a little better than the other. If I still can't work it out I come to the forums to get another very helpful angle.

Funny thing, I checked the Haynes website and they have manuals for a Supermarine Spitfire, Avro Lancaster and the USS Enterprise. What's that all about?

Oh and the dealers love you for all the spare parts that you will need.......!!

Gordo