New member and a FZR600 clutch issue

This post is 4804 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all I am a born again biker after a gap of 20 years and decided now would be a good time to buy a FZR600, so I decided on buying a cheap 1989 model so its not new but quite a lot of work in progress but I like to tinker :-) , but the only real issue I have at the moment is the clutch if you pull away at very low revs IE tick-over its great but if you try this at 2000rpm + it just grabs launches the bike then the revs drop the clutch releases the revs rise it grabs again in a vicious circle and you go off down the road kangaroo style ,I thought it was me but several people have tried but the beast cannot be tamed any Ideas what I need to look at first?

Kevin

UK 50+ biker

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

have you changed the oil recently ?,is it the correct grade, but to be honest I think its time to change the clutch mate £40 on evil bay , but buy news springs as well £10 £14

Welcome :)

have you changed the oil recently ?,is it the correct grade, but to be honest I think its time to change the clutch mate £40 on evil bay , but buy news springs as well £10 £14

I have drained the oil well I think it was oil it could have been crushed coal :-) so I decided to replace the oil filter as well , just waiting for it to arrive

Greetings funfly :welcome:

I see you are a glider pilot ?

well sort of :-) just trying to get enough solo hours to get my Bronze licence I fly several club gliders including K8 K13 Astir PW6 and my best solo todate awas my very first solo which was 1 hour 10 mins thermaling and I only came down because I was getting cold LOL

I accidentally adjusted the throwout mechanism to much allowing the clutch to slip and it just rabbit hopped down the road for 1/2 mile then it just permanently started to slip, so I returned home at tickover as it would not go any faster then adjusted it properly and it then worked as it should, so it looks like I burned off what ever was in the plates, and after a 25 mile ride to it looks like its cured but I might just order a new set of friction plates and gasket

I accidentally adjusted the throwout mechanism to much allowing the clutch to slip and it just rabbit hopped down the road for 1/2 mile then it just permanently started to slip, so I returned home at tickover as it would not go any faster then adjusted it properly and it then worked as it should, so it looks like I burned off what ever was in the plates, and after a 25 mile ride to it looks like its cured but I might just order a new set of friction plates and gasket

which model FZR have you got funfly3 , twin headlight ? 3HE ?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online